Pages

SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 11, 2021

Angela from the Office | My New Blog Name & Why I Started Blogging

 



I mentioned in my last post that I was brainstorming on new names for by blog and I’m happy to report that I came up with a new name that I think is perfectly fitting here; Angela from the Office!

This name comes from a few places of inspiration. First, it is kind of a play on words from my favorite show, The Office. If you watch, you would know that there is a character on the show named Angela. While I do think Angela on the show and I are very different personality wise, I do think we share some similarities worth noting. We are both pretty type-A when it comes to following work rules, if you’re not following the rules....what are you doing? One of my biggest personal pet peeves in any work setting, haha. She’s also in charge of the party planning committee and honestly that would be my dream position back in my office. I don’t have many opportunities to throw little get togethers now (obviously) but once things clear up (and I have my own place, lol) you can expect to see lots of cute and festive decor for each holiday. And don’t worry, I’ll stay away from green streamers. Green is whorish.


Aside from that fun little aspect, I also want you to think of me as one of your pals from work (the office) and all posts published here are topics that you would spend your days chatting with your work friends about; funny stories, old navy sales where pants are on sale for $10, new and fun workouts, the fun trips I take PTO to go on, easy lunch recipes and more. Basically nothing is off limits. Also, I think I share the same kind of dry humor with Angela Martin on The Office which I love to incorporate into my writing as well.


If you’ve read my About Me page, you would have gotten a pretty in-depth story of my past online personas and history with blogging. But in short, I have always wanted to have some sort of blog or product to work on outside of work or class but nothing ever stuck. I am pivoting to just writing about what I want to write and not worrying about what others think, or comparing to other blog pages out on the Internet. At the end of the day, I need this to be a creative outlet for me and that’s exactly what I’m going to use it for. I hope in the meantime anyone who stumbles upon this fun website of mine enjoys the stories and favorites that I choose to write about and I can make you laugh, or bring a smile to your face! However, if I’m the only one that reads this, that’s okay too! As long as I’m having fun and think I’m funny that’s all that matters right?


Also, to expand on that 2020 and working from home for almost a while year has been isolating and I have felt like I’ve been in a rut on and off for the past few months. I sleep in my room, work in my room, relax in my room....there really isn’t much variety in my days as you can see. This little blog will just help give me something to focus on while we are still in the midst of uncertainty!


Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new blog name and are excited for what’s to come! I have a lot of posts lined up already that I can’t wait to share with you soon.

Also make sure to follow me on my liketoknow.it, Pinterest and insta for more fun content throughout the week!

As always, thanks for stopping by.

Angela

No comments :

Post a Comment