Pages

SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 15, 2021

Week in my Life | The Only Exciting Thing I do is Work

 




Hello, and happy Friday! I hope you had a great week and have a long weekend to look forward to coming up!

Last week we left off when I got off work on Friday evening. My boyfriend and I had an eventful night of eating Five Guys in the car and going to our favorite local Target in the area. I feel like I’m at Target a lot (because I am), but really what else is there to do right now? It’s winter, it’s still a pandemic....... and Target is really the only fun thing that is open around here haha. Don’t get me wrong though, I, not complaining! I love Target!


Saturday morning I braved the dentist and made it out alive. I only panicked once that the hygienist was going to rip my 3 week old braces off, but I made it out in once piece. Oh yeah, if you’re new here- I’m 24 and have braces! (And am terrified of the dentist) I’m working on a whole post about the story if you’re interested, or if you’re also an adult with braces- just trying to be a resource ya know?

After the dentist my boyfriend and I went to a shop that he found in the area to hunt for funko pops. He’s got quite the collection of Star Wars themed pop things and loves to hunt for them. I don’t mind going along with him, even though I’m not really into them myself sometimes I’ll find a little prize of my own. One of our funko pop hunts got me the Phoenix from Harry Potter and now I have a little fawks on my desk and I love it. (Even though I’m not interested In collecting those things, I’m just saying I wouldn’t be mad if I stumbled upon a hedwig to go with my fawks the Phoenix 🤷🏼‍♀️) does this make me sound nerdy?

After our hunt, I went to our local Platos closet to sell some clothes from a recent closet purge and then I came home to my first Lilly Pulitzer APS order on my doorstep! I can’t wait to wear this little zip up (pictured above) all spring and summer!

Sunday was pretty uneventful, but felt nice to have time to relax and get ready for the week ahead.



I generally enjoy Mondays at work. At my company they offer a career development program for the people at my team since I am still in an entry level position, so Monday’s are reserved for me to spend a whole day working in a different team which I love since I’m able to broaden my skills and meet more people at work. Currently I work with the sales team, but I have also worked in the accounting team previously. I spent most of my workday in and out of meetings and spent my time after work crossing some things off my to-do list.

I’m actually not keeping up with The Bachelor this season. After the train wreck of both peter’s season and Claire and dale, I just can’t justify spending two hours of my night watching all the staged drama. Over the years it has gotten pretty over the top (stupid) in my opinion and has morphed from something fun to end my day, to something really annoying. There, I said it.



Tuesday started off a little scary for me- I ended up taking my dog to an emergency vet visit to get her eyes looked at. My boyfriend and I adopted her in November of 2019 and she came with an unfortunate history of eye ulcers that I thought had been under control. Monday afternoon I noticed her eye looking a bit squinty and decided to call first thing Tuesday morning to see if they could get her in. Thankfully I was able to get her in and start a treatment plan for the ulcers the vet found in her eye. I’m glad that I ended up calling the vet- I always worry that I worry too much/ make too big a deal about things that maybe don’t need so much attention, but when it comes to your pet I don’t think things should be ignored if you notice something off! (Ps. Yes, I’m aware that I truly look glamours in the pic above. I think the glasses and braces combo really accentuate my youthful features. I really like being mistaken for a 12 year old!)

Wednesday was a pretty busy day at work and that’s pretty much all I got. By the time I got off I was exhausted and had just enough energy to take my pups for a walk, eat dinner and fall asleep on the couch to the tune of Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. (Fun Fact: Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens are two of my favorite shows, haha. If you didn’t already know, how old would you guess I was?)


Thursday I got this fun little mug in the mail! I love Evelyn Henson, she is one of my favorite artists and I have been collecting her map mugs for the past year, and I knew I wanted to add a pet mug to that collection soon! Normally I wouldn’t spend that much money on a mug, but I did get some Christmas money and thought- what the hek, lets just get it!! All my other Evelyn Henson mugs are actually packed away and will be resurfaced when my boyfriend and I eventually move out, but this one is so cute I’ll probably keep it out and use it every single day cuz me and my dog are besties. I was thinking maybe I should get her a new water dish with my face painted on it so we can match- know any Etsy shops that will do that?

The rest of my Thursday was spent just trying to catch up on my to-do list before falling asleep in the couch at 10pm LOL.

Now it’s Friday and I have a long weekend with not too much on the agenda ahead of me and I can’t wait! Some of the low key plans for the long weekend include going to Costco, Target (duh) and starting to look at a few apartments which is exciting!

I hope you all have a fun and safe long weekend as well!

Angela

No comments :

Post a Comment