Pages

SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 8, 2021

Week in my Life | The Start of 2021


I’m not particularly great at keeping a journal, but instead of a private journal of my life I thought it would be fun to put it all on the internet instead!

Kidding. Kind of.

I just thought it would be fun to share a small recap of my week each Friday, or truthfully, whenever I remember. So I hope this is somewhat entertaining to read! I’m nosey and love these kinds of blog posts myself lol.


Monday was my first day back to work for the new year along with everyone else. It was pretty uneventful. I got to start using my new 2021 planner and gave myself an excuse to have an energy drink at 11am. Alani Nu arctic white is the best flavor IMO! If your GNC didn’t close down by you, head over and pick one up!


My pup got a haircut Monday and while she doesn’t appreciate me taking her to get groomed, look how cute she is! She seriously looks like a teddy bear. I just can’t stop looking at her.

I also took the opportnity to shop the Lilly Pulitzer after party sale. You can see what I picked up here. Although I’m not sure what 2021 will bring in the “wearing real clothes” department, I am excited I will be prepared when the time comes!

Tuesday after work I went to Target with my sister and did a nice little stroll. I practiced some inane self control and left only with some new k cups and a box of la croix waters! (But then placed another online order at the Lilly sale......)

If you didn't know, my work schedule is a litte different. I do work a full time job, but my hours are currently 10:30-7pm, which isnt ideal for me unfortunately. I do prefer the 9-5 schedule since I like to work out in the evenings and don't like taking my preworkout too late in the day since it tends to keep me up. This week however, I have started a new little morning routine that I have liked doing a lot and it really helps start my day positively. I will go more in depth in a later post, but basically I have time to read, workout, and relax each morning and I have been loving it. I also like that I have been getting my workouts done in the mornings and now have my evenings free.

I finished my first book of 2021 and started a new one this week. I got really into reading over the last half of 2020 and want to keep up with it going into the new year, so I plan to post about all the books I have read from each month here. In the meantime, you can check out my "bookz" highlight on my instagram page for mini reviews (p.s. they are all linked on my liketoknow.it page as well!).


I want to try and be better about snapping a pic of my work OOTD's but its hard when I end up wearing the same sweatshirt/sweatpants combo for 3-4 days in a row (don't lie and say you don't do this if you're still working from home). As mentioned somewhere on this blog before, I have been working from home since March of 2019 due to the pandemic, so I also have not worn jeans to "work" since March of 2019. As excited as I am to return to the office and have a revised since of "normal" at some point in my life, I know I am in for a rude awakening the day I have to go back to wearing jeans for 8+ hours in a row. Luckily my office dress code is pretty relaxed and we are able to wear leggings, so I know I will for sure be taking advantage of that 99% of the time anyway.

I just really hate jeans.....If you have any comfy jean recs let me know! Every pair of jeans I own hurt my knees....and I'm not just exaggerating. I've had BRUISES on my knees from jeans. Maybe its just me, but jeans are honestly torture. (Noted though, I will wear them for a cute outfit. I will just complain the whole day.)

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty uneventful.

Today, I’m thankful it’s Friday and we made it through the week. I’m not going to touch on the events that transpired over the past few days as my thoughts about it are pretty much the same as the rest of the country and I prefer to reflect on these kinds of situations privately and with close friends and family if I feel the need to speak my voice. Of course I am horrified and it leaves me worried for the future of America. But on the other hand, I’m praying beyond measures that our country has a season of much needed hope and recovery coming our way.

I hope you all have a much needed restful weekend ahead. I’m excited to have some time to sleep in and stroll around target to calm my mind.

Check back next week for more fun posts coming soon! I’m also in the process of trying to come up with a fun and clever name for my website other than just my name. Mainly for privacy reasons for when I’m famous, but also because I can’t resist a good pun. So, don’t be alarmed if you notice changes on this page! I’m sure the 1 person that reads (aka me on my iPad) won’t notice too much though.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Angela


No comments :

Post a Comment