Pages

SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 22, 2021

Week In My Life | A Short Work Week That I’m Glad is Over!

 

I hope you had a great and long weekend! I know I’m getting old, because each time the weekend ends I can’t help but think that it goes by so fast and I’m already looking forward to the next Friday night I can spend laying on the couch with a bucket of cheese balls while watching Everybody Loves Raymond reruns without the worry of having to wake up early the next morning.

If you’re still young and reading this, here is a warning if your future routine: wake up, work, sleep, repeat, weekend, work again. It’s boring, it’s monotonous (especially during a pandemic), and if I have one piece of advice for you- get a creative or FUN hobby. Something that is just for you. It will give you something to work on, and something to break up your day. Mine? This blog that only I read lol.  But hey, I’m having fun!


Anyway, all of that cheerfulness aside (sry 🥴) I had a great weekend! Not going to lie, Friday was a rough day at work and once it hit 7pm I was logged out and on the road by 7:01 ready to get my weekend started. No fancy plans, but my boyfriend had made us a nice pasta dinner to eat before our first Target walk of the weekend. I left with only a snack, a new bralette (I don’t wear real bras anymore to work from home, but seriously check out this $12 bralette- so comfy!), and some new Good and Gather coffee pods.

Saturday morning my boyfriend had a virtual meeting for school, so we just hung around his place while he did that. After that was over we went to Costco so I could stock up some of my favorite protein for my smoothies and made a pit stop at Starbucks so I could try the new pistachio latte- the verdict? Love it! I love a good nut, so this flavor was pretty good in my opinion.

We also found a new show on a Netflix that we randomly ended up binging most of Saturday morning; Haters Back Off. Yep, the Miranda Sings Netflix series. If you were a high schooler In the 2010-2014 era, you would know the Miranda Sings hype. I have to say- I can’t decide if the show is really funny or a bad fever dream like experience, but I can’t stop watching either way. Honestly- it’s just so bizarre I just laugh so hard I get tears in my eyes and even my boyfriend thinks it’s funny. If you have a Napoleon Dynamite sense of humor, you’ll like this show LOL. (Also we are ready for the pandemic to be over bc now we want to see Miranda Sings in concert).

The rest of Saturday afternoon we spent driving around looking at local apartment places that we are interested in. My boyfriend and I are moving out once he graduates in the spring and have been having fun getting a head start scoping out areas we would like to end up in!

Sunday we visited my boyfriend’s sister and had a great time visiting! We were there all afternoon, and then came home to just do the usual Sunday routines. I cleaned up my room, planned out my upcoming week in my planner, and did my face mask lineup to prep for the week ahead! I’ve been loving using the masks pictured above- the glossier mask is my go-to green mask for a good skin detox, and of course Olaplex does wonders for your hair. I like applying mine to dry hair and then showering it off after about 30 min.


Monday I didn’t have work in honor of Martin Luther King Day. Lexi had a follow up vet appointmet at 10 am that we had to take her to- and I’m happy to report that the ulcers found in her eyes from last week healed- woop woop! She still needs eye drops to help prevent more from forming, but I’m glad we got that under control.

After the vet appointment, my boyfriend and I went to a local gym for the day. I had to do his workout and he had to do mine- so we ended up lifting and ended it with a 20 min spin. It was a lot of fun but definitely really hard for the both of us haha. But we had a great time and I’m looking forward to joining a gym to workout together once he graduates in the spring!

I’ve been wearing workout sets from Amazon lately- they are linked in the above post and seriously the best. I really can’t bring myself to spend a lot of money on workout clothes since you just sweat in them, and I found that my favorite bra + legging combo is under $50 and just from amazon! If you haven’t checked them out, I highly suggest, the leggings are comfy and compressive and the sports bra is supportive and cute!


Tuesday was back to work for me, along with everyone else in America. I will admit, it was nice to get back into my morning routine and have some uninterrupted time to myself to work out, journal, drink my coffee, etc.

Truthfully I can’t remember what I did after work on Tuesday- it’s been an extremely busy time at work so this whole week feels like a blur haha.


Wednesday I somehow slept through both my alarms and ended up sleeping in an extra hour. It wasn’t that devastating since I do wake up very early for my 10:30am start time for work, so I still had more than enough time to get everything done that I wanted to. I also wasn’t feeling the best and was kind of sore still from Monday’s more intense workout so I decided to use Wednesday as an “active recovery day” instead of skipping my workout all together. I’m really glad I did this! I put on a YouTube video I wanted to watch and just cycled at my own pace. It was just enough to break a slight sweat and get in a little workout without making me feel like I pushed myself too hard. I’m going to try to incorporate a day like this into my routine each week!


Thursday was another long and busy day and not too much to report. I’ve had to work a little overtime each day at work this week as well so when I finally shut my laptop all I want to do is lay on the couch in silence, haha.

I did have to make a mid-week target pit stop for some necessities and also ended up coming home with this cutie pizza toy for Lexi- she loves it! I’m definitely a sucker for a cute dog toy that I know she will be interested in for 12 seconds, and she has more toys than she knows what to do with but I just love wasting money I guess! But look at her little smile- that always makes it worth it :)

I’m honestly glad this week is behind us now and I’m looking forward to an extremely low key weekend! Tonight my boyfriend and I are going to get some takeout, probably finish watching the Miranda Sings show (lol) and play some Mario Kart. Hopefully we can fit that all in before 9:30 when I’ll inevitably be asleep on the couch!

I’m sure we will make our weekly stop at target, and I think we have plans to head to the mall so I can pick out some we Warby Parker glasses- my Valentine’s Day gift this year!

Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend? I’d love to know!

I hope you all had a great week,

Angela

No comments :

Post a Comment